Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Head down working

I got my edit back from Caroline at the end of last week, so I am now going through the whole novel, once again tweaking and expanding. It was a relief that no major surgery was needed and I hope to be finished with the edits by the end of this week (I've had today off, as I was meeting friends). Then there are just the synopsis and query letter to complete...

This morning my friends asked me about progress and I told them I was not too far away from being able to start sending it out to agents. They then asked what I would do next and looked horrified when I said I would probably start writing another novel...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

All sounds really positive, Cathy! Good luck X

Cathy said...

Thanks Mandy. I have to admit the next stage is rather scary :)

Queenie said...

of COURSE you will start writing another novel! It's the best therapy for submission-related anxiety (and I speak from current experience). Very, very best of luck with it all.

Cathy said...

Thanks Queenie. And good luck with yours too!

Anonymous said...

It's sounds to me like you're making great progress. I'm a little bit envious as I'm only half way through the first draft of my novel.

Ooh, editing. I need to learn about that. Any tips?

Cathy said...

Sylvia, it's taken me several years to get this far!

The editing I am sort of learning as I go along, but I did find the book 'Self-editing for Fiction Writers' by Renni Browne and Dave King useful.