Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...

...and good riddance.

Those of you who visit regularly will know that many members of our extended family have had to face huge challenges this year, mainly health related. Things are not back to normal, indeed never will be back to how they once were, but have at least improved and I appreciated all your support. I know that we have not been alone in facing such a difficult year, far too many of my online friends have also been struggling in various ways.

We don't know what 2009 will bring, financially it is likely to be difficult as Hubby has already had to take a pay cut to try to keep the business, for which we both work, alive in the credit crunch. But we will get through it somehow.

I'm not going to make New Year's Resolutions, in the current climate I think I would be far too likely to fail. But what I would like to achieve in 2009, circumstances permitting, is to complete my OU studies and at least the first draft of the novel, to become a more consistent blogger again and also to find more time to look after myself. Everything else will just be a case of wait and see where life takes us...

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Glad this difficult year is soon over for you, Cathy- and I do hope that 2009 is better for you and the family.

Thinking of you loads

Love & hugs

Axxxxxxxxxxxx

Caroline said...

Happy New Year to you!
x

Lane Mathias said...

Hope next year is a better one Cathy. All the very best. x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! Here's hoping next year will be better and we both get our first drafts!

Sue Guiney said...

No need to make New Years resolutions, I agree. Being able to look forward with hope is all that's needed, I think. I wish you and your family a wonderful 2009, with health and security and contentment coming your way. All the best, always. xo

Jenny Beattie said...

Yup, I agree with SueG. Look forward with hope.

I do wish you and yours a very happy new year.

HelenMWalters said...

Looking after yourself has to be a top priority - hopefully if you can do that, everything else will fall into place.

Casdok said...

Hopeing this year is better for you and your family.
Happy new year.

Cathy said...

Thanks everyone for all the wishes. I hope that 2009 brings you all you wish.

Cx