Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ooh...

Today a parcel arrived via DHL. The materials for the new OU Advanced Creative Writing Course, mailed out a good week earlier than we had expected.

I've taken a look. I think it will be challenging and a little scary, I can't wait for the course to start.

But until then I have packed the book away, because I've still got my end of course assessment for the current course to write. Mustn't let myself get too distracted...

Three notable things:

1. If, like me, you won't be reading the novels shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize, you can take a shortcut here.

2. This morning I had my teeth cleaned by the dental hygienist, at great expense. Son 1, who had announced that dentists were for wimps, or words to that effect, suddenly decided this evening that I should book a long overdue check up for him...

3. Lovely Caroline Smailes has a new novel, Black Boxes, coming out this month. She has a fantastic new widget on her blog ( and now on here too), which will take you on a decision based blog adventure. Go and play, it's addictive fun...

9 comments:

trousers said...

Hello again, this time the widget has landed me on your site!

HelenMWalters said...

The widget brought me here too. And yes, it is very addictive!

Cathy said...

Hello Helen and welcome trousers!

Lady in red said...

you are not wrong about it being addictive

Beth said...

I can't wait for the A363 stuff to turn up. I'm hoping it'll arrive for my day off Friday :)

Ken Duck Geraths said...

Yep, black box!

Caroline said...

I fear that there are many addicts, already :)

x

Casdok said...

Yeo me to i came through the black box!

Ken Duck Geraths said...

I can't believe how many fit in the little black box, all my friends are in here! lol