Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Words in the chaos


Son 2 was noisy and active yesterday. But during a short period of relative calm, I actually managed to write a little more of the novel.

Only 300 words or so, but I was actually also researching at the same time. I am currently writing a scene set in Hong Kong before it was handed back to the Chinese. We did visit the colony many years ago, but some of my memories are hazy, so I keep having to stop to look up a name or some other detail. Did you know, for example, that you can create a Chinese name for a character through this name generator?

Three notable things:

1. Why was Dermot O'Leary so rude to Celine Dion on Saturday's X Factor?

2. Son 2 hates this advert so much that he turns off the TV every time it comes on...

3. The cold is making feel yucky today, so I'm not even going to try to write.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My internet connection is playing games and i couldn't access the advert! It has been cold up here in Northumberland too. Proper vest weather, tucked in ya knicks.

Crystal xx

Cathy said...

It is the 'Sheila's Wheels' ad, Crystal...he HATES the song!

Lane Mathias said...

well done on the words and hope the cold gets better soon.
Like the generator thing:-)

How are you getting on with Esme Lennox. I'm not as gripped as I thought I would be but I'm only half way through.

Casdok said...

Ive been to Hong Long, itnt it a fab vibrant place!

Cathy said...

Lane...I have to confess I have not read esme Lennox yet. I bought it and now I can't find it? Will have to have another look around the house!

Casdok...yes HK is fab.We went twice, though actually the first time we went there straight from Bangkok and I was a little disappointed, as the locals were just not as charming and friendly as the Thais. Second time, I really came to appreciate it!