Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Writing prompts

I'm afraid I am a sucker for 'how to write' books and volumes offering prompts for writers. But the internet is also a great source of inspiration when you need something to trigger your creativity.

I've already written here about Oceangram. I revisited the site today for the first time in a while and the graphics have had a makeover, but it still offers the same idiosyncratic messages in bottles.

Another site which I have regularly visited is PostSecret, with its fascinating postcards sent in by the public, a combination of art and eavesdropping.

Then today, thanks to Sarah's blog, I have discovered yet another inspiring site called Found Magazine, picturing collected 'found' ephemera.

Just to top it all I also realised that both PostSecret and Found have published several books, available on Amazon...

Anyone else think I am an internet addict?

No comments: