Monday, January 22, 2007

This and that

I've been sitting in front of my computer all day but have achieved very little. Perhaps it is because I feel cold, despite the heating being on. Perhaps it is because one of the kids had me up at 3.30am and I didn't sleep well after that. Perhaps I have just reached a temporary block in my writing...

Well I have done something. I have researched an alternative educational venue for Son 1 when he is well enough to return to the fray. I have had a nice hot bath to try to relax. I have sent a few emails and made a purchase on eBay. I have committed a bit more about my main characters and plot structure onto paper rather than relying on it all being in my head. I have started to research an important part of the plot further, I have decided at what point of the book the pivotal scenes should fall and I have even increased my wordcount by 0.2%!

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I have edited the first 1000 words yet again and polished my synopsis as I intend to enter the Daily Telegraph Novel in a Year competition.

But I haven't finished the ironing...

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Go for it, Cathy! You have winner written all over you!

:))

A
xxx

Cathy said...

Well thanks for the compliment, Anne, but don't forget you haven't seen what I have written!

;))