Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Novel writing race

Kate Harrison and Lucy Diamond are organising a race to produce a first draft of a novel and inviting other bloggers to join in. I was very tempted to do so, but bearing in mind my other commitments and my stress levels right now I don't want to put myself under that sort of pressure. I will watch from the sidelines and cheer them all on.

However, I did think that to cheat and put a wordcount meter on my blog anyway might be a good idea, to motivate myself rather than be competitive. I have also set up another blog with a very brief synopsis and excerpts from the work so far. I'm not going public with it at the moment but if anyone does want to see it let me know via the comments. I will possibly post a link later when I have written a bit more!

3 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

You're right, Cathy - way too much stress!! These people should be stopped offering these things, in my opinion!! Let them just write their novels in the usual way, and let us write ours ... good luck with yours, btw!

:))

A
xxx

Cathy said...

I guess you don't do NaNoWriMo then, Anne?

I think I need more than good luck to complete a novel, but we'll see.....

;)

Anne Brooke said...

No way, Cathy - I put way too much pressure on myself as it is, without everyone else joining in too!!!

==:O

A
xxx