Monday, January 01, 2007

New year, new organised me?

Happy New Year! I hope you are all partied out? We had a quiet one, at home, in keeping with our relaxing Christmas this year. We did manage to stay awake to midnight, however, by watching Jools Holland on TV (was Amy Winehouse on something??)

I have been thinking about New Year Resolutions and have decided not to make any this year. This is simply because every year I say very blithely that I will lose weight, give up chocolate, spend less, do more housework or something equally boring which I know I will have forgotten about by the end of January. Life also has a habit of getting in the way, big time, whenever I start on a new self-improvement plan.

This year I am just going to make a realistic monthly list of targets, which I hope will seem a little more manageable.

So here is my list for January, in order of urgency:

1. Write my Open University assignment ( due in on 10th but I have been granted an extension...)

2. Do my tax return

3. Get up to date on some of my voluntary work tasks, as I have fallen behind

4. Write some more of my fledgling novel ( or indeed write more of anything)

5. Tidy out my wardrobe and send unwanted stuff off to the charity shop.

I'll report back at the end of the month...

1 comment:

Julius Seizer said...

I've written some advice on how to successfully pursue new year resolutions on my blog (called
'The Personal Change blog'). Please take a look if you have a moment.

http://www.personalchangeblog.blogspot.com

Happy new year!

Julius