Sunday, October 15, 2006

Children with special needs

Our children both have special needs. There is no getting away from that fact. I don't want to write too much about them here, as they are entitled to privacy, but I do frequently reflect on how much this has impacted on our family life, our ability to travel and our financial position. My own life is very different to what I had expected, but had our circumstances not changed I would probably still be a full time number cruncher, I wouldn't have joined the OU and I wouldn't be writing. I have made some very good friends through my kids and now the internet also offers a whole new world of understanding. For anyone who has a child with special needs of any kind, or knows someone who does, Special Kids in the UK offers a fantastic forum community full of wisdom, information and moral support.

No comments: